Description Hide Description- Show Description+
Black Walnut Extract
Add this delightful Black Walnut Extract to your cookies or pastries for a rich black walnut flavor! This Black Walnut extract is all natural. Try this recipe for Black Walnut Chocolate Chip cookies.
Black Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed Muscavado dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon Black Walnut extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
More about Extracts...